JustOn can export invoice and booking detail data
- to CSV files to be imported in accounting or ERP systems, and
- to SEPA XML files for triggering payment operations with banks.
The custom setting Export Settings controls the export of invoice and booking detail data.
This document covers general information about the custom setting Export Settings. For details about specific export configurations, see
Export Settings or File Distribution?
JustOn Billing & Invoice Management uses the custom settings Export Settings and File Distribution to control the output of produced documents. It may be hard to tell which to apply. Remember that the two settings impact different aspects:
- Export Settings records control what to export – invoice and bookkeeping data CSV files or SEPA XML files.
- File Distribution settings control the output location of any produced files, be it PDF files for finalized invoices, dunning reminders and account statements, or exported CSV and XML files.
That is, your use cases determine which settings to use:
- File export
- If you export data to CSV files for accounting systems or to SEPA XML bank transfer orders, you need appropriate Export Settings records.
Exporting files (applying Export Settings) to the default location
- File location
- If you want produced PDF files for finalized invoices, dunning reminders and account statements to be output in a specific location (other than the group Owned by me in Salesforce Files), you need a corresponding File Distribution setting.
Defining a specific output location using a File Distribution setting
- File export and file location
- If you export data to CSV files for accounting systems or to SEPA XML bank transfer orders, you need appropriate Export Settings records. If you want the exported files to be output in a specific location, you need, in addition, a corresponding File Distribution setting.
- To combine the two settings, the
Nameof the file distribution record must be specified as the
Targetin the export settings record.
Exporting files (applying Export Settings) to a specific location (applying File Distribution)
Export Settings Information
The custom setting Export Settings includes the following information:
||A unique name for the custom setting record, will be selectable when exporting invoice data.|
||Determines whether the configuration is available in the UI.|
|SEPA: Booking per Transaction||
||Determines whether to override SEPA batch booking (consolidated payment, default). If
If you use SEPA batch bookings (
||The unique CBI code that identifies all parties in the CBI community (clients, banks and network access points). Required when using a CBI format string, is applied for and registered by the access bank.|
||Specifies the 18-digit, case-safe Salesforce record ID of the JSON configuration document, which is required for CSV exports.|
||Determines whether to create payment balances on the invoices upon exporting, which sets the invoices
If you use SEPA batch bookings (
Users can overwrite this option manually when starting the export.
|CSV: Decimal Separator||
||Specifies the decimal separator to be used for invoice CSV exports. Defaults to
|CSV: File Header||
||Specifies a first line (like a header row) for CSV exports.|
||Determines the export format.|
|CSV: Record Template||Specifies a model for a line in the CSV export, may contain static text and placeholders for the actual values.
Is no longer used, left for compatibility reasons with older JustOn versions.
||Specifies a condition (SOQL WHERE clause) to restrict the set of included records. If empty, matches all records in the list.
For details, see SOQL SELECT Syntax in the Salesforce Help.
|Use ASCII Encoding Scheme||
||Determines whether to perform a phonetic replacement of the contents of the resulting CSV or XML file.
For CSV exports, for example,
For XML exports, all required replacements for the SEPA format are performed. For details, see SEPA Requirements for an Extended Character Set (UNICODE Subset) - Best Practices.
If left empty, the file will only be available on Salesforce's Files tab as of JustOn 2.49.
Note that the file distribution target must be configured with the use case
||Specifies a comma-separated list of currencies that are allowed for ISO 20022 XML formats. Defaults to
|ISO20022: Service Level Code||
||Specifies the pre-agreed level of service between the parties. For SEPA, defaults to
Defining Export Settings
Depending on your organization's requirements, you must define an export configuration.
Click to enter Setup, then open Custom Settings.
In Salesforce Lightning, navigate to Custom Code > Custom Settings.
In Salesforce Classic, navigate to Develop > Custom Settings.
Click Manage in the row of Export Settings.
- Click New.
Specify the details as necessary.
For information about specific export configurations, see