How do invoices become
Invoices are the statements that document your payment requests against your customers.
According to the business needs, invoices have different statuses.
- Draft: New invoices have the status
Draft. You can check draft invoices for correctness and edit them as necessary.
- Open: If you approve of a draft invoice, you Finalize it. This sets the status to
Open, making the invoice effective, that is, due for payment (and unalterable).
- Paid: With incoming payments that make up for the due amounts, open invoices become
Usual lifecycle of an invoice in JustOn
Basically, there are three ways for JustOn to cover the due amount and to set the invoice
- Registering a payment entry and assigning it to the invoice: This creates a
Paymentbalance on the invoice, which counts against the open amount as recorded in the
- Settling the invoice against a credit: This creates a
Clearingbalance on the invoice, which, again, counts against the open amount.
- Finalizing an invoice with the payment method
Cash: This creates a balance of the type
Cashon the invoice, which offsets the open amount.
In addition, you can manually create and assign balances like
Prepayment, which also reduce an open invoice amount.
▶ If the sum of all balances for the invoice is
0, the invoice is considered