JustOn Bank Payments
JustOn Bank Payments is a Salesforce app that directly integrates Salesforce CRM with German and French banks. Using the secure, EBICS compliant connection, businesses can retrieve payment information and transfer it to their Salesforce org. Users will then be able to match this information with orders, invoices or other statements that involve payments.
Broadly speaking, JustOn Bank Payments helps reconcile accounting records.
Prior to using JustOn Bank Payments, your business must enter into a contract on the intended data access with your bank. The contract must specify, among others, the users who work with the software and the relevant bank accounts.
Make sure to request SEPA-compliant access to your bank. Depending on the bank, it may be called "SEPA", "C53" or "camt.053".
The legacy MT940 protocol will be discontinued by November 2025.
Setting up and working with JustOn Bank Payments comprises, in broad strokes, the following tasks:
(1) You enter into a contract on the intended data access with your bank. The contract must specify, among others, the users who are to work with the software and the bank accounts with which the users are to exchange data. From a technical perspective, you subscribe to an EBICS compliant service for exchanging payment information. Hence you may be referred to as the subscriber, with your bank as the other contract party.
(2) You install JustOn Bank Payments in your Salesforce org and configure it according to your requirements.
(3) Once set up, you add the bank access configurations – providing your individual credentials as specified as part of the agreement with your bank.
(4) New bank accesses must be validated: You generate your public subscriber keys and send them to your bank for verification. In return, the bank creates public bank keys, which you must confirm. Once the keys are validated, the bank access is actually usable – the relevant user can access the specified bank accounts.
(5) You fetch bank statements from the verified bank account.