Credits are invoices with a negative amount. They document an amount of money that you have to pay to someone else, for example, to a fulfiller in a marketplace you run. Other examples for credits include refunds or overpayments.
To issue a credit, you create a new invoice with a negative payment amount. There are two ways to do so:
- manually creating a new invoice that contains invoice line items that yield a negative invoice balance (see Manually Generating an Individual Invoice)
- creating a credit for an existing invoice (in the status
Paid) you want to reverse, as explained below.
Make sure that the button Create Credit is available on the invoice detail view, see Enabling Credit Creation for Single Invoices.
To individually create a credit based on a single invoice in the status
- Navigate to the Invoices list in the invoice run view or open the Invoices tab.
- Click the invoice ID to open the invoice's detail view.
- Click Create Credit.
- Select the intended item and specify the quantity and/or the amount to be credited.
This creates a new draft invoice of the class
Creditand links it to the original invoice, which is displayed in the field